Construction of a new Inner City federated ‘learning village’ comprising a Girls’ School, Boys’ School and Sixth Form Centre to replace a current school on a tightly restricted site.
Ensure the current 1750 pupils’ school remained operational at all times.
Enable the design to be phased to permit the gradual demolition and redevelopment over a number of consecutive phases.
Ensure a sufficient amount of teaching accommodation (a mixture of temporary and permanent) remained available at all times during the course of the works.
Create the maximum possible area for playgrounds at street level by elevating the new buildings on raking steel columns.
Despite delays incurred in land acquisition, a re-sequenced programme of the phases of work was negotiated by us with the Contractor on behalf of the Client resulting in the lost time being regained and completion of the project on time and to budget to the Client’s satisfaction.